1. What brought you to CrossFit in the first place?
1. I started CrossFit in 2009. My husband and I were running back to back marathons at the time, and after he suffered a stress fracture in his foot, we decided to seek out some alternatives to compliment our running. We felt overly confident at our first class because we were runners! We were in great shape, right?! After my husband met Pukie during the first WOD and I couldn’t lift my arms for a week, I realized that this was a different beast.
2. What was your first impression? How has that changed?
2. Despite destroying myself in my first WOD, I couldn’t get enough. I fell in love from the start.
3. What was your first “goal”? Did you hit it?
3. Pull ups. After having my second child, I no longer belonged to a gym and was doing CrossFit alone in my basement. On a lonely Wednesday evening while my family was sleeping, I got my first unassisted pull ups in my basement. I was so proud of myself that I woke up my husband and made him come downstairs to watch me.
4. What are you working on now?
4. Currently, I’m working on staying as active and strong as possible throughout my pregnancy. My first goal post-baby will be handstand push ups, although I’m still afraid of being upside down.
5. What’s your favorite Root 18 memory?
5. I don’t have one specific memory that stands out, but the constant encouragement from the Root 18 family, especially during my pregnancy, has been amazing. Huge shout out to Matt Ribley, who has been there every step of the way with me, and has been nothing but encouraging and supportive since day 1.